Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nocturnal Nesting

Ever since my Sad Clown Costume, yarn pom poms have been my absolute obsession. I can't stop making them, wearing them in my hair, making my hair look like them and referencing them in everything I do. Gal pal Raena caught wind of said obsession and put in a request for a pom wreath. Now, since the holiday season is already here, I knew I didn't have time to make her a wreath entirely constructed out of pom poms, so I decided to pull a classic Tasi and wing it.

I began making white snowballs under the impression that I would end up with a pretty standard winter wreath scheme with some pom accents, no thrills...


it looked too boring. I turned to my handy-dandy loose button jar for inspiration.

Voila! Buttons became eyes (need I reference Coraline?) and snowballs became bodies. With a little felt beak, so became baby button snow owls. I simply hot glued those suckers onto a pre-made grapevine wreath, tied some scrap fabric up into a bow and with a few finishing button touches, Raena has got herself an owl-standing little wreath.


I couldn't have done it without my friends here... they're always encouraging me.


Gnar gnar was of no help.


No comments: